IJSEA Archive (Volume 7, Issue 4)
International Journal of Science and Engineering Applications (IJSEA) (Volume 7, Issue 4 April 2018)
Use of Treated Water from Sewage Treatment Plants in Irrigation by using Solar/Grid Powered Micro Irrigation Infrastructure
Keywords: Solar/Grid, Micro Irrigation, Sewage Treatment Plant (STP), Irrigation Efficiency, High Tension Line
With a view of augmenting water for assured supply to the every field, a new intervention has been proposed for the reuse of treated waste water from the existing Sewage Treatment Plants for the use of water in the best alternative which will help in enhancing the irrigation in agriculture sector. Working on these lines, Installation of Solar/Grid Powered Micro Irrigation Infrastructure has been proposed by selecting the nearby area of the existing Sewage Treatment Plant by providing common infrastructure with components Retention tank near outlet head of STP, Pumping Unit (Grid/Solar Powered), Filtration units, HDPE pipe network/Hydrant/Outlet assembly, Valves etc with Drip/Sprinkler irrigation sets. The Solar Power System is proposed to be connected with the utility power grid so that the energy generated by the solar modules, whenever not required for operation of the pumping system or is in excess of requirement, can be sent to the Utility Grid through bidirectional meter.
1. Bucks, D.A. 1993. Micro Irrigation- Worldwide usage report. In Proceedings of Workshop on Micro Irrigation, Sept 2 1993. 15th Congress on Irrigation and Drainage.
2. Batchelor, C., Lovell, C.& Murata, Water User Efficiency of Simple Subsurface Irrigation Systems, In : Proceedings of 7th International Conference on Water and Irrigation, 13-16, May, 1996
3. Neeraj Sharma, Rajiv Bansal, for Installation of Solar/Grid Powered Micro Irrigation Infrastructure in the Canal Commands in International Journal of Engineering and Technology Volume-56- February 2018.
4. Design and Optimization of Irrigation Distribution Networks Food and Agriculture Organisation of the United Nations irrigation and Drainage Paper.
5. Howell, T.A. (2001), Enhancing water use efficiency in irrigated agriculture, Agron J 93 (2), 281-289.
6. Hsiao T.C., P. Steduto, and E. Fereres (2007), A Systematic and quantitative approach to improve water use efficiency in agriculture, Irrg. Sci., 25(3), 209-232, doi:10.1007/s00271-007-0063-2.
title = " Use of Treated Water from Sewage Treatment Plants in Irrigation by using Solar/Grid Powered Micro Irrigation Infrastructure ",
journal = "International Journal of Science and Engineering Applications (IJSEA)",
volume = "7",
number = "4",
pages = "052 - 053 ",
year = "2018",
author = " Neeraj Sharma, Rajiv Bansal , Amit Kumar Raghuvanshi ",