IJSEA Archive (Volume 7, Issue 6)
International Journal of Science and Engineering Applications (IJSEA) (Volume 7, Issue 6 June 2018)
Use of Waste Water from Overflowing Village Ponds in Irrigation by using Solar Powered Micro Irrigation Infrastructure
Keywords: Solar, Micro Irrigation, Overflowing Village Ponds, Irrigation Efficiency.
With a view of augmenting water for irrigation purpose & assured supply to the every field, a new intervention has been proposed for utilising surplus water from overflowing ponds in the villages. Working on these lines, Installation of Solar Powered Micro Irrigation Infrastructure has been proposed by selecting the nearby area of the overflowing village ponds by providing common infrastructure with components Sedimentation tank near pond, Pumping Unit (Solar Powered), Filtration units, HDPE pipe network/Hydrant/Outlet assembly, Valves etc with Drip/Sprinkler irrigation sets. The sedimentation chamber will be constructed to settle out the coarse particle thereby providing clear water to the fields. A solar pump of the required capacity will be installed, which will be connected to a filtration unit and after filtration mains and sub mains will be laid by using HDPE pipes. One hydrant will be provided average on 4 acres. It is also proposed to provide one set of sprinklers to the Water User Association for their use to initiate them into use of Micro Irrigation. In this manner, this pilot project will be able to bring new area under irrigation and also gainfully utilise surplus water, otherwise going waste.
1. Neeraj Sharma, Rajiv Bansal, for Installation of Solar/Grid Powered Micro Irrigation Infrastructure in the Canal Commands in International Journal of Engineering and Technology Volume-56- February 2018.
2. Bucks, D.A. 1993. Micro Irrigation- Worldwide usage report. In Proceedings of Workshop on Micro Irrigation, Sept 2 1993. 15th Congress on Irrigation and Drainage.
3. Neeraj Sharma, Rajiv Bansal, Amit Kumar Raghuvanshi, use of Treated Water from Sewage Treatment Plants in Irrigation by using Solar/Grid Powered Micro Irrigation Infrastructure in International Journal of Science and Engineering Applications Volume 7–Issue 04, 52-53, 2018, ISSN:-2319–7560
4. Batchelor, C., Lovell, C.& Murata, Water User Efficiency of Simple Subsurface Irrigation Systems, In : Proceedings of 7th International Conference on Water and Irrigation, 13-16, May, 1996
5. Howell, T.A. (2001), Enhancing water use efficiency in irrigated agriculture, Agron J 93 (2), 281-289.
6. Hsiao T.C., P. Steduto, and E. Fereres (2007), A Systematic and quantitative approach to improve water use efficiency in agriculture, Irrg. Sci., 25(3), 209-232, doi:10.1007/s00271-007-0063-2.
title = "Use of Waste Water from Overflowing Village Ponds in Irrigation by using Solar Powered Micro Irrigation Infrastructure ",
journal = "International Journal of Science and Engineering Applications (IJSEA)",
volume = "7",
number = "6",
pages = "101 - 102 ",
year = "2018",
author = " Neeraj Sharma, Sumit Kumar, Barjinder Singh ",